Monday, March 28, 2011

Cards that dangle...

I was looking for something to do with my kids in class this week. So, I picked up a book I've had fore quite a while ago...'Pop-Up Cards' with Sandi Genovese.
I spent A LOT of time making my samples before my class...
Here's what I came up with...An X card with little dangles...enough to bring a smile to anyone's face.
I have scanned in the instructions from my book for you to try out...
Thanks for stopping by...enjoy...

Background stamp is from Hero Arts. I stamped, coloured , cut out and stuck the butterfly to add dimension. The white ink adds fabulous dimension, don't you think?

More coloured and cut out butterflies...I added a piece of vellum whose edge I punched with a lace punch, to create space for writing a message.  Since an  X card is visible on all four sides, there is something on all four sides to enjoy.

The butterfly dangles are punched out of coloured vellum and stuck together with  a piece of silver thread between them.




A variation....A different type of dangle...










Add caption



One More....



I made the envelope too!


Instructions....



2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! So clever! Will def give it a shot! Tks so much for sharing! Your cards have come out fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came to your blog from Hussena's blog . Love this card. I love making cards with my 4 year old and also all kinds of interactive cards, Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!