Monday, September 21, 2015

Inspired by Retro Sketches

Hey there!
 I was inspired to make these cards when I saw the retro sketches challenge last week. Unfortunately I missed their deadline!
I did however combine many of my favourite techniques to make these cards so that I could submit them for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Blog 'Love this technique' challenge.
My favourite techniques that I have used here are water colouring, rubber stamping, heat embossing, die cutting and using this gorgeous organza ribbon!
For the water colour panel, I applied some distress inks to my craft sheet, spritzed a lot of water on to it and then lifted off the colour with my card stock.
The sentiment (heat embossed in black on the yellow DCWV All about the Girls cardstock) is such a happy one from Simon Says Stamp and the blue ribbon from my stash was just the perfect colour.



I would love to give this card to a kid going off to college or maybe to someone going overseas…
I just love this globe die from Die-versions…and it went perfectly with my map background from Impression Obsession. I heat embossed the sentiment (from Momenta) on a vellum panel and added the organza ribbon from my stash.



Thanks so much for stopping by…
Have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!