Thursday, June 8, 2017

Playing the SSS 'Masculine' challenges today

Hello!
I finally got around to making some Father's Day cards last night..
I had to do a lot of research as inspiration kept evading me!!

These are the cards I came up with and since both the Simon Says Stamp challenges have the same theme this week, I have decided to try my luck!

For the first card, I stamped out a simple quote using Stmapendous  and Hero Arts alphabet sets, along with the Fathers day sentiment from Simon Says Stamp. 
I created an argyle background using a Craftangles stencil and tim Holtz distress ink.
I used SSS Stitched dies to create the top panel which I popped up using a foam sheet.
While I was looking for a way to add some interest, I found this telephone brad from Recollections.
It's just perfect no?


Card #2 is probable my favourite!
I printed out the sentiment and then added a gold square (cut using SSS stitched dies) and a white square...a left over from another card. The goggles are cut using the  Impression Obsession spectacles die set and the moustache is die cut using the Little B die.
The Father's day sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.



Can I have two favourites... I just love card no card #3!
I wanted brogues, but I did not have a stamp! I could have bought one but I am doing a 'No Buy June' challenge..so that was out!
I then decide to try my hand at illustrating..It isn't perfect, but then it doesn't have to be right?
I've even added my signature..it is an original illustration after all!!
I printed out the sentiment and added the SSS Father's day sentiment in Memento's Rich Cocoa ink.
I used Sakura Koi watercolours to colour the brogues!


Card #4 I am unsure of..what do you think?
It seemed better in concept!
I have layered SSS stitched dies here and used the Impression Obsession spectacle die.
The sentiment is gold embossed suing Stampendous 'retro' alphabet stamps. 
I finished the card by stamping the SSS Father's day sentiment in Memento's Rich Cocoa ink.
I just love using the white gel pen to add highlights.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great night!




2 comments:

  1. I do not know if my comment went through, but ... I leave it again, if it's double I apologize!!! i CAN'T pick my favorite one from your card sets but I have tot ell you that the sentiment on the first card is definitely a favorite!!!
    Thank you for playing with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we hope to see you again soon!
    have a great day, x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all awesome, such a great collection of cards and so much fun.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!