Sunday, September 3, 2017

Sliding crabs

Hello! I am super thrilled to share these slider cards with you today!!
I played with the Craftangles "Oh Crab!!" ,"By the sea"  and "Mermaid Kisses" stampsets and 
Tim Holtz distress oxides!

I started by colouring the base panel with Tim Holtz 'Broken China' Distress Oxide as well as the 'Evergreen Bough' Distress Ink. 
I then sprinkled some water on it to create the spots. 
I then coloured another panel using Tim Holtz 'Fossilised Amber' Distress Oxide.
I was unhappy with the very smooth look of the paper and sprinkling water did not help..so I put down some ink on my craft mat, spritzed a little water on it and then dabbed the paper on it. 
This created a beautiful splotchy background and gave the illusion of texture.

While the backgrounds were drying, I water coloured the various images with my 
Sakura Koi watercolours.
Using Mama Elephant dies  and mftdienmics I cut the panel and the slider channel.

To create the slider, I used a round wooden bead sandwiched between two 1/2" punched circles.
You can learn how to make one of your own here.

I added a bit of vellum to create some interest on the first card.

I finished the cards, by adding the sequins and stamping the sentiment.










I hope you enjoyed the cards as much as I enjoyed making them! 
Check out how they move on  
my Facebook and Instagram feeds.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Paru Mahtani

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!