Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas baubles and more!

 Hello!
I'm back with more projects made with the newly released Craftangles stamps and stencils!!

First off, I have the baubles from the Craftangles 'Christmas Ornaments' stamp set which I coloured using the technique demonstrated by Sandy Allnock.
They are far from perfect, but I like the way they turned out! I used the bauble outline and stamped the Santa's from the Craftangles 'Santa Claus' stamp set inside them. I then watercoloured them and fussy cut them. I then used a sponge dauber and tim Holtz black soot distress ink to darken the edges to give some diemnsion. I then used white acrylic paint to create the highlight. Sandy recommends a white gel pen, but mine wasn't working properly so I had to improvise. I added the snow dots with white acrylic paint too.


Here is how I used them...
First one I used on a black tag..chalkboard effect..
I just love how the colours pop! The sentiment is from 


I am submitting this tag for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday 'Gift it' challenge.



The other two, I used as hanging baubles on this stencilled card.  I used the 
Craftangles 'Christmas Ornaments' stencil to create a background on white card stock and white heat embossed the sentiment from the Craftangles 'Holly Jolly Christmas' stamp set on balck cardstock to finish the card.


For this next card, I created a background using Tim Holtz distress inks and the 
I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the santa from the
I then adhered it to the card using an Action wobble.


I had to trim the Action wobble to fit behind the Santa.
Once I fixed the Santa, I white heat embossed and die cut the sentiment panel
(sentiment is from the Craftangles 'Holly Jolly Christmas" stamp set)
and popped it up with some 3D foam tape.
I added some Craftangles sequins and adhered the panel to a kraft card base.
Check out the video below to see how Santa wobbles!




This next card is a shaker card.
For this, I used an image from the 
I love this rolling bear!! There is so much movement in this image.
So I decided to make him frolic in the snow!
I created a circular shaker panel using Simon Says Stamp stitched dies and filled it with 
Craftangles 'Ivory hearts' and silver sequins.
I tore a few panels of white card stock and layered them to create the effect of snow banks.
I inserted the bear cut out (stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut) and added the sentiment, also from the Craftangles 'Bearing gifts' stamp set.
I finished the card by adding some of the same sequins on the outside and adhering the shaker panel to a white card base.




I am submitting this card for the Simon Says Stamp Monday 'Icy Inspiration' challenge.
I'm also adding it to their 'Christmas Card Day' challenge.



For the final card, I used the Craftangles 'plaid' stencil to create the background as well as the circular spinner chanel. I diecut the spinner chanel using the Queen and company circular frame die.
I stamped, coloured (with Steadler watercolour pencil) and fussy cut the toys from Simon Says Stamp 'Christmas Toys' stamp set and added them as cute little spinner elements on the card.
I added the sentiment..also from the same stamp set and some sequins to finish the card.




I have really enjoyed making these interactive cards for you today!
I hope I have inspired you to make some too!
We have an awesome goodie bag to give away as a prize to the winner of the challenge!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Paru Mahtani








2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards. All of them. I like they are so different and so cute. Thank you for joining our Icy theme over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is amazing ! love the highlight.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!