Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mixing and matching stamp sets

Hello! 
Today I had a great time playing with stamps from three great stamp sets from Craftangles,
 'By the sea side', 'Beautiful Bloom Border ', and 'Mermaid Kisses'.
I mixed them up to create some fun cards.

I followed  a common theme of the ocean on all three cards.
I started by creating a mask by die cutting a scalloped heart out of some Mudra masking paper and inking up the heart using Tim Holtz distress inks and distress oxides in ocean colours.

For the first card, I used a sponge dauber to apply the ink to create a bubble effect.
I stamped the crab from the Craftangles 'By the sea side' stamp set on a piece of scrap watercolour paper and coloured it with Sakura Koi watercolours.
I then stamped the sentiment from the Craftangles 'Beautiful Bloom Border' stamp set. 
I added a couple of glass bubbles and used fun foam to mount the card on a 5" square card base.
 to finish the card.


For the second card
I used the scalloped heart mask as well as a mask to create the waves.
I stamped the sea shell from the Craftangles 'Mermaid Kisses' stamp set twice 
to create an oyster shell. 
I then used the second generation stamping to stamp the bubble 
from the same set in London Fog ink. 
I then coloured the bubble using a white Signo gel pen.
I mounted the bubble with double sided foam tape on the shell to create a pearl.
I then popped up the two sides of the shell with double sided foam tape to create a 3D shell look.
I added some clear sequins from Craftangles for interest.
I then stamped the sentiment from Craftangles 'Beautiful bloom border' stamp set and mounted the panel with fun foam on a 5" square card base.




For the third card, I pounced colour through the heart mask, to create large circular smudges. 
I then stamped and water coloured the sea horses, from the 
I used the mirror stamping technique to create a mirror image of the sea horse..this was quite a challenge!!!
I then fussy cut the sea horses and overlapped the tails to create an illusion of them being intertwined.
I added some Craftangles clear sequins to add some interest.
I decided not to add a sentiment to this card. I think the image says it all!
I mounted the panel using fun foam onto a 5" card base to finish the card.



For the 4th card, I used the same scalloped heart mask and blended the inks to create an ocean.
I stamped the fish through the mask to create the background. 
I then stamped coloured the mermaid and the fish, from the Craftangles 'Mermaid Kisses' stamp set on watercolour paper and fussy cut them.
I then adhered them using glue and double sided foam tape. 
I stamped the sentiment form the Craftangles 'By the Sea Side' stamp set and embellished the card using glass bubbles and plastic heart sequins.
I then mounted the panel using fun foam onto a 5" card base to finish the card.


Here is a video showing my process.



I hope you enjoyed this post and will be inspired to mix and match your Craftangles stamps to make some unusual cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Paru Mahtani




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It is much appreciated!